Find out if new, solid hardwood floors are right for you and your home.
Hardwood floors remain the flooring of choice for homeowners looking for high-end home floors that will last. Solid hardwood floors are unmatched in their durability and warm, natural feel. Hardwood floors come in a variety of styles, and Park Avenue Flooring can bring a wide variety of samples in different colors and sizes right to your home to let you evaluate which type of floor matches your taste. Here are some advantages of hardwood flooring that will help you consider whether new hardwood floors are right for you:
- Hardwood floors can be considered an investment in the property value of your home. A buyer will not view carpet, linoleum, or even laminate wood floors with the same respect as high-end solid hardwood flooring, and your appraiser will be sure to notice hardwood floors when the time comes to look for a return on your investment.
- Hardwood floors last longer than other types of floors, being easier to repair and maintain than carpet, laminate or other types of flooring. With a small amount of regular maintenance, hardwood floors can easily last for generations. Hardwood floors only need to be swept, vacuumed, and occasionally mopped or treated with a wood cleaner. Spills can be cleaned easily and quickly, compared to carpet which can be permanently damaged by spills or odors. Hardwood floors are also hypoallergenic and do not trap pollutants in the way that carpet does.
- Hardwood floors match existing interior decoration. Your current furniture and accessories that are already in a space will look great with any style of hardwood floors that you choose. Furthermore, you can link different areas together in a home stylistically by choosing the same hardwood flooring in each area.
- Hardwood floors can be refinished any number of times in a custom way to suit any dynamic tastes that change over a number of years. Your floors can be sanded, stained, and painted to give you a fresh new look.
However, just like any other product, there are some disadvantages to beware before you jump into a new hardwood flooring installation with Park Avenue Flooring:
- Compared to carpet or other types of floors, hardwood floors are cold and loud —although not as cold as marble. Footsteps of children or pets will make more noise on hardwood compared to alternative flooring choices. However, this problem can be resolved in many cases by using area rug in select areas.
- Hardwood floors cost more than other types of flooring. Because they are considered so valuable and attractive to homeowners, the cost to install new hardwood floors will be somewhat higher than carpeting the same area.
- Hardwood floors can be scratched and dented over time. While solid hardwood flooring is naturally strong, it is not impervious to damage by pets’ nails or drops by heavy materials. While hardwood floors are relatively easy to repair, especially compared to laminate floors or carpet, it is important to be aware of this potential inconvenience.
If you would like to discuss whether new hardwood floors are the right choice for you, talk to a professional from Park Avenue Flooring to set up an appointment today by calling (508) 922-2170!