Laminate flooring can be considered the lower-maintenance and cost-effective version of your everyday hardwood flooring, but with the same wow-factors. Caring for your laminate floors is easy and has low maintenance. Just perform this easy maintenance and cleaning on a regular basis to extend the lifetime of your flooring and keep your floors looking great and good as new.
Here are some easy care and maintenance tips:
- Avoid using water on your flooring whenever possible. Because of the material and how it absorbs water, using an abundance of water can cause your floors to warp over time
- Always start your cleaning process by using a dry mop or vacuum to rid your floors of dust bunnies, dirt, and any other loose particles
- When you want to wet-mop your floor, be sure to only use cotton, terrycloth, or microfiber mops – sponge mops and string wet mops can leave streak marks and allow excess water to sit in the cracks of your flooring, which can cause warping over time
- Spray your laminate floor cleaner directly on to the mop you have chosen to use and avoid spraying any cleaner directly onto your floor to avoid staining
- Be sure to always clean up any spills as soon as possible to avoid staining
- Lay floor mats down in front of your sink and oven in order to avoid excess wear and even wearing throughout your space
If you are looking to install laminate flooring in your home, Park Avenue Flooring serves the Massachusetts and Rhode Island areas from Wellesley MA to Falmouth MA, to Providence RI and beyond! Contact us at (508) 922-2170 for a free quote, help choosing a design, or more information. We can even bring the show room to you!